“To attain knowledge, add things every day. To attain wisdom, remove things every day” – Lao Tzu
I’m a firm believer in the concept that, when in doubt, simplify. So whenever life gets a bit overwhelming, I find it helpful to review a few simple maxims to put everything in perspective.
Here are my favorites:
- Be grateful.
- Most of life is noise. Find the things that matter.
- Do mind and body maintenance every day.
- Want things where I have an advantage (curiosity, talent, knowledge or persistence).
- Want less.
- Short term hard, long term easy (ie. Do the hard things now).
- Manage the probabilities.
- Use leverage as much as possible.
- Remember, there is no failure, only feedback.
What are yours?